Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Share With Us
We collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you open a Niche account, we collect information from the social networks you connect in accordance with the permissions enabled by such service (such as information about your profile, location, photos, email address), as well as your name, email address, user name, and any other information you choose to provide. After you open a Niche account, you may also choose to provide us with additional personal information, such as your phone number, bio, location, address, gender and age information. If you correspond with us, we will also collect the information you provide us, such as the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information.
Additional Information We Receive About You
Niche works by collecting and analyzing data that is made publicly available, such as public engagements on your posts, and public and non-public data from the social networks you connect, such as non-public impression data, in order to measure influence for its customers. Niche also collects data about campaigns that you participate in through our Services.
When you visit our websites or enable our Services to collect data from your social networks, we automatically collect certain information from your device, as follows:
- Log information: We log information about the use of our Services, including the type of browser used, access times, pages viewed, IP address and pages visited.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device used to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various tracking technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to Niche’s customers, analytics services, measurement services, and publicly available sources.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We may use the information we collect to:
- Display your public Niche profile, including your posts and other information about the social networks you connect to your Niche account, on our Services.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers and events offered by Niche and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Communicate with others about you in connection with the operation, promotion, or marketing of our Services, including to provide information about you to our customers;
- Make inferences about you, like what topics you may be interested in or known for;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services, including the performance of your posts and campaigns;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights, safety and property of Niche, Twitter and others; and
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Analytics Services Provided By Others
How We Share the Information We Collect
- With Niche’s customers (such as brands and agencies) and potential customers;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our affiliates (the Twitter corporate family);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or reasonably required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- To protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent malicious actors on our services who act inconsistent with our agreements or policies, or to explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services; to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others;
- When such information is public, such as your public Niche profile and public information on the social networks that you connect to Niche; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you individually.
Third Party Sites
Your Niche Account
You may update, correct or delete information about you that you provided to us and associated with your Niche account by logging into your Niche account or contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. If you wish to close your account, you can log into your online Niche account and use your account settings to close your account, or you can contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Niche by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Children and Our Services
Our Services are not directed to children, and you may not use our Services if you are under the age of 16.
International Data Transfers
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States, Ireland, and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. Learn more about our global operations and data transfer here.
When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws, contractual obligations placed on the recipient of the data (model clauses may be requested by inquiry as described below), or EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield principles.
Residents of the European Union or EFTA States
If you are located in the European Union or EFTA States, you may have additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please use the details provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal, and removing consent to process information necessary for the function of a product or service may cause that product or service to no longer work.
If you are located in the European Union or EFTA States, you can confidentially contact Twitter’s Data Protection Officer here. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or Twitter International Company’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission. You can find their contact details here.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are located in the European Union or EFTA States, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where: (1) we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (such as delivering products or services you requested), (2) we have your consent to do so, or (3) the processing is in our or a third party's legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you live in the United States, the data controller responsible for your personal data is Twitter, Inc. with an address of:
1355 Market Street, Suite 900
San Francisco, CA 94103
If you live outside the United States, the data controller is Twitter International Company, with an address of:
Twitter International Company
One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street
Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRELAND